CFMBB 1.20 is supported on Coldfusion MX 6.1, Coldfusion MX 7, Bluedragon 6.2, and Bluedragon 7. Other coldfusion engines have not been tested.
Coldfusion Server Feature Requirements:
CreateObject() *MUST* be enabled, CFMBB will not work without it. CFFILE must be enabled in order to handle attachments, and for the integrated file manager to work.
CFMBB 1.20 includes setup scripts for SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. Supported versions of SQL Server - 2000 and 2005. Supported versions of MySQL - 4.0 or later. Support is provided for PostgreSQL but CFMBB 1.20 has not yet been tested on PostgreSQL. A Microsoft Access database is included in the installation folder, but use of MS Access for a forum application is NOT recommended and NOT supported. The Access database also does not include the chat tables. Don't try it!
Here is a list of the major features added to the original Galleon 1.5 codebase:
- BBML/BBCode Support - HTML-like markup for message posters
- Optional confirmation of accounts required - either by the user or by an admin.
- Most settings now stored in the database and can be controlled via the admin console.
- Improved "Theme" support.
- Avatars - gallery, remote URL, and "gravatar" support.
- Improved thread and message moderation - many tasks can be performed without going to the administration console.
- Members only forums - login required to view.
- Optional support for encrypted passwords.
- Eliminated cflogin architecture, added support for persistent cookies.
- IP logging of user logins and message posting for future support of ban capability.
- Support for PostgreSQL in addition to MySQL and SQL Server.
- File attachment support
- modified subscription model mimics phpBB
- member directory
- board and user configurable timezone (all dates stored in UTC)
- preview post functionality
- Private Messaging
- Site-wide and per-forum moderator permissions
- Integrated chat (1.20)
- Integrated file manager (1.20)
- Integrated "simple" content management (1.20
- More caching for performance (1.20)
- CAPTCHA requirement on login to help prevent spam. (1.20)
- Site wide, per conference, and per forum new topic notification options (1.20)
- Usergroup support and restricted access forums (1.20)
- improved installation script (1.20)
- threads and messages now searchable by author (1.20)
This feature list was updated to include all features included in CFMBB 1.20.
There are 1 active user sessions right now.